10.18.2013

This Dude

 Yes, this is my favorite little guy on the planet!!  He is funny and sweet and we just love him so much!!  Since Ali's birthday is coming up and so much has been about her lately I wanted to take a moment to share about James.  I have been wanting to blog about the funny little things he says since summer started.
 This kid didn't really start out talking like most kids.  He didn't start with little words here and there, he just broke into full on sentences and phrases!  It was hilarious and adorable!  It would be things he heard us saying all the time.  Some of my favorites are:
Be right back.  
(He says this while leaning towards you and holding his cute little pointer finger up towards you.)
Just a second.
(Also usually said with his pointer finger up.)
Whatcha doin'?
Where's Daddy?
Where's Ali?
Another adorable thing he is doing now is when you say something to him he will repeat the last few words but in a questioning tone.  For example, I will say, "James, we need to find your shoes."  And he'll repeat, "Find my shoes?"  I'll continue, "Yes, so we can go outside."  He'll say, "Go outside?"  It's just awesome!
James LOVES puppies!!  And so does Ali!  But she assigns herself the kitties and James the puppies.  Glad they have it all worked out.
James (And Ali) LOVE having hot chocolate any time of day.  James has mastered drinking out of the tea cups.  He is also obsessed with football.  He has a favorite football that he carries around with him everywhere.  He's pretty good at sharing as long as it's not his special football.  Anytime he sees it on any TV he'll scream, "FOOTBALL!!!!!"  Also noteworthy is the fact that whenever Ali sees a Y she says, "That's BYU."  It makes me so happy!!  Like the other day in Walmart she saw a BYU cooler and said it and this morning we were playing with letter stickers and pointed to the Y and said it.
 As sweet as he is, James has his moments.  Sometimes we call him the Hulk because of his fits he can throw.  I think I have it narrowed down to possible causes.  Most of them have to do with being hungry.  The other morning I brought him down stairs after he woke up and he commenced screaming for about 20 minutes.  We finally were able to get food and water into him and then he was like, "Hey guys, good morning."  It's like he doesn't even remember screaming and throwing himself on the ground.
I totally cannot say no to this face!!!  He will say, "Come 'ere Mommy," and squeeze his little fist together motioning me to follow him.  It's usually to go up to his room to find his binkies.  Or lately he'll just come up to me and fold his sweet hands together, hold them up by his precious chin and say, "Binky Mommy?  Please.  Binky."  How can I say no to that??!  Seriously!  And by the way, Ali loves going with him to help him get his binkies out of his room.  That is also adorable.
 I am completely smitten by this boy.  He has the sweetest, calmest spirit.  He loves so deeply and adds a great balance to our family.  We love you, James!