10.21.2013

Ali is Three!!!

Our sweet, adorable little girl turned 3 today!!!  The first thing she said to me when I walked in her room this morning was, "Mom, it's my birthday and I'm ready to go get a birthday treat!"  It was hilarious!  I love that she's old enough to know that it's her special day!  Jimmy had gone to the store early to get doughnuts and chocolate milk so we went downstairs to have her special breakfast.
Ali took this picture with her daddy before he went to work.  These two are so sweet together!
 I am completely in love with this little sweetie!!  I cannot believe how lucky I am to be her mom!
 She teaches me so much every day.  She reminds me to be kind and to love.  She stands up for James and she stands up for herself and that makes my mommy heart happy.  I hope she will always be passionate about standing up for what she know is right!  She follows her heart and that is a beautiful thing.  I'm so proud of the young lady she is!
 She is so special and so sweet and I wouldn't be the same without her!  She could not be more beautiful!
 These two love each other SO much!  They are always thinking of each other and worried about the other's well-being!

  For the past year she has been obsessed with this little pony.  After we grocery shop I let the kids look at the toys and she goes straight to this little pony purse.  We let her pick one present this morning and this is the one she opened.  The pony went with her everywhere today!
 For dinner we went to "Old McDonald's", as Ali calls it. 
 She wasn't able to play at the play place because her ankle had been hurting for several hours.  She would not put pressure on it without screaming.  Initially I thought her foot had just fallen asleep but after going to the park and the McDonald's play place and she wouldn't play at either, we figured it was something to have the doctor look at.  And by the time we got home from dinner we noticed it was swelling.  So Ali and Mommy went to the InstaCare to get it checked out.
 The nurses and staff were SO sweet to Ali!  Everyone knew it was her birthday and they gave her suckers and coloring books and Ali thought the doctor's office was the coolest place ever.

 She made herself right at home.
 The doctor was concerned that it might be broken so he sent her back to get and X-ray.  The results came back clear so he wrapped her ankle and sent us home.
 Here is her (sad) cake that I had made earlier in the afternoon but hadn't decorate.  I put some icing on it when we got home at 9 pm and she didn't even care that it looked like a 2 year old made it!  I love kids!
She waited patiently all day to open presents and the time finally came!
 Oh she is so sweet!!!  How did we get so lucky?!!


Ali is the most observant human on the planet!  She has the best memory of anyone I know.  She is also the most obedient person I know!  She cares about people so much and loves to be loved!  She likes to stay up late and wake up early.  She loves Minnie Mouse and the color pink.  She LOVES to chat.  She is obsessed with cats.  She knows that when we buy a house she gets a cat so the other day she said, "Why don't we pick up our house and put it on some new grass so I can get a kitty."  It was such a clever solution.  She loves stuffed animals and candy.  When we are running errands she will always ask if we're done.  And when I say yes, she'll say, "Let's just go to one more store!"  Every. Time.  Even if we've been to 10 stores she'd still want to go to one more store.  She loves to draw, write grocery lists for me and color.
Thank you for being the sweetest little girl ever and our wonderful little three year old!  We love you so  much Ali!  Happy Birthday!