10.07.2013

Gymnastics

When Jimmy and I were first married we taught the marriage and family class in our ward.  I learned so much from that class and loved every lesson.  One of my favorites was about how it is our jobs as parents to help our children find their gifts, talents and passions in life.  It totally stuck with me and I have been so excited to start exposing my kids to different things.
Ali is turning three this month and we thought should would enjoy starting a class.  Today was her first time at gymnastics and she had so much fun!!  I LOVED watching her do her somersaults and balancing on the balance beam, along with other exercises.  She totally enjoyed it and I'm excited to see how she progresses as time goes on.
Ali is the cutie sitting on the yellow mat facing backwards.  James and I (and our friends Shan and Bentlee) sat behind a glass partition on the balcony so she was able to see us the whole time.






The kids stood on this red inclined mat and did a somersault down it.  I was so impressed with how well she did.  They didn't go through any instruction on how to do the somersault but luckily she already knew how.

At the end of class they sit in a circle and everyone gets a sticker on their hand.
I'm just a little bit obsessed!  Stage mom, right here.