4.08.2012

Easter

Easter, like all of our other holidays here in China, was very low key. Oh, except for trying to get two children under 1 1/2 to take a photo without crying, spiting up or having a blow-out. Fun times! When you have kids, you just have to go for it! You can't wait for the timing to be perfect. But that's part of the fun of it. I loved capturing the little moments we had together today. This is how the photo session began. Ali didn't want to put her dress on, which she usually loves doing, but she had already had to take it off once to eat breakfast. James is just chilling in the background.
The crying escalated until I offered to go get her a bottle. While I was gone, she calmed and Jimmy managed this adorable photo.
Ali is happy with her bottle and James is showing a CUTE smile.
And this is how the session ended. James is tired of sitting there and Ali is happy as a clam, wondering why he's crying.
Then Ali found her Easter bag, took a peek inside...
liked what she saw so much that she offered us the bottle. Wow!

This girl loves her some stickers!
And this is where they all ended up!
China doesn't celebrate Easter. There were no Easter bunnies at the mall, no aisle of decor and plastic eggs at the store, and no Cadbury chocolate. The last one is tragic, but the fact that we didn't have any of the other stuff didn't make it any less Easter. Easter is a time to remember the resurrection of our Savior and a time to ponder his life and sacrifice. Some people are good at taking the time to do that, no matter what. I love to throw parties and decorate and craft so I have a tendency to get wrapped up in preparing for the egg hunt and everything that I think I need to have on Easter. I am grateful to be in a situation where I don't have the option of being distracted. It will be a habit and goal of mine to focus on the true meaning of Easter in the years to come. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and for what he sacrificed for me and everyone. I'm so happy that because he was resurrected, my family and I will be resurrected and have the opportunity to be together forever.