12.26.2011

A billion pictures!

Christmas is over and now we're just waiting for our little boy to arrive! He's due in less than 3 weeks! Jimmy's Chinese classmates have told him that it would be better for our little boy to be born after Chinese New Year so that he can be born in the year of the dragon instead of the year of the rabbit. I'm not sure how I feel about keeping him in my belly for an extra week, but he would be starting off on the right foot as a dragon instead of a bunny!
It's been chilly outside and we take any opportunity to help Ali learn to like her hat. She looks so cute!

One of the student's parents came from Italy to visit him for Christmas. They invited us over for an amazing Italian meal. They are some of the nicest people we have ever met and we enjoyed every minute being with them. At one point I ran upstairs with Ali to change her diaper and when I was met by the first Chinese person in the hallway I had to blink a couple times to remember that I was in China. We had somehow transported to Italy for the afternoon and it was hard to come back!
Ali loves these little rides..... but she doesn't like to ride them! She only likes them when they're not moving. Great deal for us! It doesn't cost us a thing to watch her laugh and enjoy just sitting on them.
These next two photos are for a certain family member of mine. I won't name any names but it's you, Cory. It turns out our kids come out Apple babies. There's nothing we can do about it. Hehehe...

We were on our way to church in a taxi last week and Ali was unusually tired. It was fun watching her fall asleep.



All ready for church- cutie!
We moved apartments last weekend. We stayed in the same building but moved into a two bedroom. It is so great! We all love the new place. All last week Ali would cry any time we left. She just loves all the different rooms and all the space to dance and run around in... and we love that she is in her own room! She liked riding in the luggage cart!
I love when she sees her pretty skirts and wants to put them on. She will spin and twirl. It's adorable!
They have a lot of different varieties of these "little oranges". I think they have more than we do back home and they are SOOOOO good! No lie- Ali eats about 10 a day.
Being cute-

And of course I have to include some recent pictures of the neighborhood. This little boy was sitting on the side walk playing on an upside down stool.

Ladies at the market buying buttons.
The eel-things may not look that big but they were HUGE! Uncomfortably huge.
Do they not look like the creatures that work for Ursula in the Little Mermaid? EW!!!
This hanging meat is on the walk home from my doctor's office. I can pick some up for dinner next time I have an appointment.
There are so many bikes and scooters on the roads and parked on the sidewalks. You consider yourself lucky if yours is still there when you get back. We know of a girl who got three bikes stolen during the first month she moved to Shanghai and a branch member had his bike stolen the first time he parked it at the metro station.
This is also in our neighborhood.
Thank goodness!
They sell SO many different kinds of eggs here!!! We usually buy two different kinds. I have no idea what they are and I'm not 100% sure they both come from chickens but we haven't died or gotten sick yet so we just keep buying them. I really like getting these because they have a cool stamp on them. Silly reason to buy an egg I guess- I just hope it's not an eel egg or something crazy like that!