12.02.2011

A Baby Shower!

I got a call a few weeks ago asking if I was busy on November 30th because the ladies from church wanted to throw me a baby shower. I was so surprised and excited! Everyone here is so nice and does so much for everyone. Another girl is due in 2 weeks so it was a combine shower.
(They had that documentary-type movie called Babies playing behind us. It's a very interesting movie.)
Some of the branch ladies.
Beautiful, yummy, American-tasting food!!!
Let me just say, it was an amazing evening!!! I would just fill the rest of the page with exclamation points if I felt that it would get the message across. I would still be talking Jimmy's ear off about every detail if I wasn't able tell that by the next morning he was already sick of hearing about it.
First of all, it was at one of the sister's apartments and she LIVES AT THE RITZ CARLTON!!! Did I feel like I was in Shanghai??? NO! At least not in the Shanghai I know. I felt like I was at the Ritz! And I was! And I never wanted to leave. I almost didn't. We got there at 6 pm and I didn't get home till 11 pm. I wanted to crawl into one of her soft, fluffy, comfy beds and not come out till next year. The view was amazing, the food was amazing, and the decor in this apartment was out of a magazine. This sister knows how to shop Shanghai and live Shanghai. This is such an interesting place. In the sates, you can live pretty comfortably on not very much money. But transfer that amount of money here and you live like us and it's not very comfy. We are aware that there are people in this city living really nice lives, but it's very easy to forget unless you get to step into it for a couple hours. If you have extra money, living here could be amazing. This sister knows the best places to go. She has been collecting furniture and decor and getting a steal of a deal. You could never find this stuff back home for the price she is paying. She is getting art work painted and framed for SO cheap! I'm talking big, beautiful frames made for $15. These frames would cost hundreds of dollars back home...... um, so I'm getting carried away. This is about the time that Jimmy looked at me and just said, "Honey." I knew what he meant. But I'm just so amazed at how "the others" live. Not jealous, because I realize we're in totally different periods in our lives, but just amazed.... and wouldn't turn down an invitation to go live with one of them. Hehehe!
The point is, I had a lovely baby shower (and it doesn't hurt that it was at the RITZ!!!). I am so grateful to everyone who came and all the gifts we received for Baby Boy. We're so lucky to be in such a nice branch!
I was walking around snapping pictures of her apartment like a dork and then I realized that it was weird of me to be doing that so I stopped.