7.13.2012

FOOD, Glorious Food!

It's amazing to look at James and realize that all of his squishy cuteness comes from 100% mother's milk (said in the voice of Hexxus from Ferngully...haven't seen it? watch that part)!  People may also be surprised to learn that James really doesn't nurse all that much and when he does it's not very long.  I don't get it, but it's obviously working out for him so I don't worry about it.  
He has really been grabbing at our food this past week so I was excited to see how he would enjoy his first solids.  
To say he LOVED it would be an understatement!


 I fed him a small amount this morning and he was a natural!  He definitely would have kept eating but I didn't want to fill him up on oatmeal and then not have him nurse all day.  We decided to feed him more in the evening.  Again I didn't want to feed him too much so after he'd eaten quite a bit I got up to put the bowl in the sink.  If you know James, you will know that he rarely cries or gets upset.  That was before I took his food away!  He grunted and his face turned red and he started to cry.  He never acts like that so I brought the bowl back and he finished the rest of the oatmeal.  It was hilarious!  He is such a cutie!  I can't wait to feed him again tomorrow!  I'm also interested to see if his sleep improves now that he's eating solids.  That would be awesome!
Here's James with his other new love, the binky.