1.20.2012

1 Week Old!

Our little James has already been with us for 1 week. It has been heavenly to have someone so sweet in our presence. Like most newborns, he has done a lot of sleeping and eating. I think he is already doing very well with nursing. He is so calm and rarely cries.
I love all the faces babies make when they're stretching....

So peaceful!
James got his first bath. Jimmy did a great job!
I was the "Ali-holder" and photographer.
This girl is So in love with her brother! I love how excited she gets anytime he makes a peep! The first couple days she would run over to where he was, wait a second and then look slightly disappointed to see that he was still sleeping.
She is already dressing him up.
Jammie time!
Reading James a book.
And while we're on the topic of Mary Alice- this girl is TOO MUCH! She is such a character!
Her new thing is putting the swim cap on...
then walking around the apartment laughing like this.
She does not like things in her hair. In fact, she doesn't like anyone to have anything in their hair. She picks out my hair things all the time. So I was so surprised today that she not only wanted something in her hair, but she wanted all her bows and headbands on at the same time!
She can work the iPad pretty well. Kids these days!
This is her face when she gets to talk to daddy on the phone. She just beams the whole time! I love to watch her chat with him.
So, we made it through the first week. We are glad we made it through- Jimmy had a really hard week at school with classes and finals, I was alone with 2 kids for the first time (with LOTS of help from my friends here in the building and from church), Ali was learning to share the center of the universe, and James was learning how to survive in this world. At some points during the day I thought to myself, "This is it, I'm a 2-kid kind of mom.....and who even let me have this many?" But it was a great week and I loved spending it with my two little ones. Now we are looking forward to the next week when daddy will be home for Chinese New Year!