3.31.2010

Shiloh Ridge

Last week the boys went camping and Mom and I joined them for a night. It was so fun to spend time with the family and enjoy the great outdoors!
Now the word camping means different things to different people. To some it may mean sleeping under the stars, catching your food in the wild and hiking. But to others (my dad) is means trucks, trailers, campers, four-wheelers, coolers, dutch ovens, tables, chairs..... you get the idea. It's anything but roughing it. When Dad does something, he goes ALL OUT! But this place is also not like mountain camping. We don't have mountains in Southeast Texas. But we do have awesome off-roading trails and rednecks who live for the weekends up at Shiloh Ridge.
This video is not the most exciting thing you will watch. For those of you who know Jimmy, you can tell he is being VERY calm with me there. It wasn't until the next day when Mom and I left that the boys went crazy. The camera left with me so there is no evidence, but their history is proof enough. ps- does anyone know if I'm going to get thrown in jail for using this song from my itunes library? I don't know much about youtube, sony, copyright, etc.



Really, our video does nothing to show what Shiloh Ridge is all about. Here is a quick video. I never knew these vehicles could go this far in the water/mud. I wish we had a video from when Adam was being cheered on by a huge crowd of rednecks while riding in a mud bog last year.




I love the title of that movie! Bubba on the Brute... classic!