3.14.2009

California and a little trip to V-town

Jimmy had a business trip in California over Lover's Day weekend so I decided to go along for the ride. As some of you know I spent many of my younger years in Visalia, California. That is located in the delicious, agricultural San Joaquin Valley. We spent a couple days at the World Ag show in Tulare, a day in Visalia (plenty of time to see all the sites in V-Town) and then skipped over to Pismo beach for a couple days. Besides the fact that I had my CRAZY online class and a cold consuming my life, it was good to get away. It was also a very valuable learning experience for us. We learned the value of a dollar. Aside from our honeymoon, this was the first vacation we have paid for all by our grown-up-selves. Let's just say we don't feel the need to skip over to Europe anytime soon.

Have you seen these trees? These are the Giant Sequoias and they're amazing!
It was a little windy and maybe we didn't find any skilled photographers to take our photos the whole time we were in California. Where have all the artsy people gone?