6.17.2013

Father's Day

We are making a very bad habit of getting the flu on holidays.  We were all sick for Ali's birthday, Mother's Day and now, the night before Father's Day I woke up to Ali screaming in her bed at 1 am.  When I went into her room I saw that she had thrown up.  Jimmy was out of town and I have a phobia of the stomach flu.  I cleaned her up and then took her downstairs, made a bed for her on the couch and got out the trusted throw up bowl.  I slept on the couch next to her and told her to wake me up if she needed to throw up.  A couple minutes later she called out to me so I ran over and she threw up again.  I must commend her on throwing up in the bowl every time.  She is growing up!  In past sicknesses she would freak out and push the bowl away.  Anyway, she finally fell back to sleep a little before 4.  I had texted Jimmy to see if he would pick up some flu necessities on the way home.  This picture is of the kids drinking their Gatorade with Daddy.  They were SO excited to see him and both had to sit on his lap!  James just kept saying, "Dada!  Dada!"  Boys love their daddies!
 And so do girls!
 Here we are ready to eat Jimmy's Father's Day dinner.
 Opening presents.  Ali had been waiting all day!
 Mustaches are a must on Father's Day!  Ali was scared of the mustaches this year.  Maybe next time.
(Years ago I never would have posted a picture of me after being up all night, tired, no make up, etc.  But life's too short to worry.  Stop worrying, start living and make and record memories. Huzzah!)
 We thought she might put it on... nope, didn't happen.
 But James loves them all!  This is similar to the one he wore last year.
Here is a comparison to last year's Father's Day mustache photo.
He still has the mafia/ don't mess with me look.  Way to be tough, James.... who happens to be the sweetest boy on the planet!

Jimmy is a great dad who is always willing to help with the kids!  He travels a lot so he doesn't get to see the kids as much as he or they would like, but we make the most of every day we are together.  The kids love their dad and they will understand more and more how lucky they are to have such an awesome dad.  Thanks for all you do Sweetie!  You are the best!